Monday, May 23, 2011

Painting for Beginners

For the first 3 weeks Missy and I are taking Foundation Painting every day from 9:00-11:30. Our sweet professor is a woman named Alessandra Ragionieri, a native of Florence.

IMG_3243

After the first day of class we went to an italian art store called Salvini's to get all of our supplies. I felt like a real artist picking out all of the oil paints, brushes, solvents, and other necessary tools.

IMG_3231

At first I was very worried about my skill level, but after a few days I began to get the hang of it little by little. So far we have done 1 still life of three objects and 1 still life with fruit, working on shading, color composition, and mixing paints.

DSC_0804

IMG_6840

IMG_6833

For most of our paintings we are required to begin with a pastel sketch of our objects.

IMG_3259

IMG_3261

IMG_6843

IMG_6844

No comments:

Post a Comment